Shopmetrics is subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
For the purposes of our policy, we use the following definition:
"Personal Information" (PI) is any information that can be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate a single person or that can be used with other sources to identify an individual. This includes but is not limited to: name, address, Phone number, E-mail address, race, nationality, ethnicity, origin, religious or political beliefs, age, gender, family status, etc.
The subject-matter of the collection, processing and/or use of personal data covers various categories of data, such as:
- Personal master data
- Contact details (names, e-mail addresses, addresses, phone numbers,)
- Demographic and profile details
- Contract master data (contractual relationship)
- Performance metrics and history
- Customer history
- Billing and Payment data (tax ID numbers, bank account numbers)
- Media files and information from media files
- Results from mystery shopping, mystery calling, mystery mailing and other marketing, service evaluation, market research and data collection and reporting projects
The personal data processed concern various categories of data subjects, such as:
- Independent contractors, such as mystery shoppers/callers/mailers/market researchers etc. and the subjects of such projects
In general, Shopmetrics does not collect PI directly. However, our enterprise customers may use our platform(s) to collect PI from you for their purposes while using our services for data storage and processing. Shopmetrics may use third-party vendors to provide storage, hosting, infrastructure and support in the delivery of our services. We may also use third-party vendors for data verification and anti-fraud purposes. A list of these companies is available upon request.
For information regarding how PI is handled with respect to one of our enterprise customers, please contact that enterprise customer directly.
The following information describes the principles that Shopmetrics (including "the Company", "we", or "us") follows while managing your Personal Information ("PI"):
- Notice - If we collect any PI from you directly, we will inform you of the purpose for which we collect and use Personal Information. The company must have the agreement of the individual for any disclosure or use of PI for a purpose other than for which it was originally collected. Prior to disclosing PI to non-agent third parties, the individual will be notified and presented with a choice and means (an "opt out" option) for limiting the disclosure of the PI. An exception is government and law enforcing agencies in cases where we are required by law to provide such information, including without notice.
- Choice - We will provide the opportunity to choose (i.e.: to opt out) whether the individual’s PI may be disclosed to third parties or be used for a purpose other than for which it was originally collected. This is accomplished using the means provided in the notice, or by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the contact information provided below.
- Accountability for Onward Transfer - We do not routinely disclose PI to non-agent third parties. However if the need should arise, prior to disclosing PI to a non-agent third party, we will notify the individual of such disclosure and allow the individual the choice to opt out of such disclosure. We will ensure that any third party to which PI may be disclosed subscribes to the same principles for managing PI, and agrees in writing to provide an adequate level of privacy protection. We may be liable for the inappropriate transfer of personal data to third parties. Also note that we may be required to disclose an individual’s personal data in response to a lawful request by governmental authorities.
- Security - We will take reasonable steps to protect PI from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure PI from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We cannot guarantee the security of PI on or transmitted via the Internet.
- Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation - We shall only process PI in a way that is compatible with, and relevant to, the purpose for which it was collected or authorized by the individual. To the extent necessary for those purposes, we shall take reasonable steps to ensure that PI is accurate, complete, current, and reliable for its intended use.
- Access - We acknowledge the right of individuals to access their personal data and will allow an individual access to his or her PI. We will allow the individual to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate information, except where the burden or expense of providing such access would be disproportionate to the risks of the privacy of the specific individual in the case in question, or where the rights of persons other than the specific individual would be violated. Individuals wishing to access their PII may do so by logging on to the website where they registered.
1920 W. Sylvania Ave.
Toledo, OH 43613, USA
Phone: (800) 691-0288
Phone: (419) 474-6672
Fax: (866) 674-7244
- Shopmetrics has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU-US Privacy Shield, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Shopmetrics, please visit the BBB EU-US Privacy Shield web site at https://www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/ for more information and to file a complaint.
- Shopmetrics is also committed to using "last-resort" binding arbitration at the request of the individual to address any complaint that has not been resolved by other recourse and enforcement mechanisms.
- Relevance - We shall collect only as much PI as needed in order to conduct specific, identified activities related to our business.
- Retention - We shall keep individuals’ PI only as long as needed for the purposes for which it was originally collected, or as permitted by law.
If individuals have any questions or complaints concerning our processing of personal data on behalf of our company clients, they are invited to contact the company client directly, or they may contact us at email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org End users who wish to access the personal data that Shopmetrics hosts on behalf of our company clients, or to make choices concerning their data, are invited to contact the company client directly.
Shopmetrics is not responsible for any content in external links. Content on third-party websites, and the related Privacy Policies covering those sites, are the responsibility of their respective owners.
IP Addresses and Logging
The Shopmetrics platform uses logs extensively to help track processes in our system. Often times your IP address and account username are recorded in these logs. These logs may be kept for an indefinite amount of time.
The Shopmetrics Platform has automated E-mailing functionality. Shopmetrics and its clients may from time to time enable this feature, sending messages that they believe may be of interest to the Independent Contractors in the system. These E-mails may be personalized with the data submitted, or calculated based on the data submitted. Users will have the option to opt-out of certain E-mails.